You do what most people do - but I really think it is not very rational.
The toner for inkjet printers is extremely expensive and when our kids
get going they can use a cartridge a week or more.  I don't think the
paper is much cheaper than copy paper, either, when I look at Sam's or
Office Depot at bulk purchases.  I do have a problem with making kids who
can't afford it pay, but they will copy anything when it is free.  I use
the University of Houston library and their printers are coin operated.
Either taxpayers must be willing to pay the current costs of education or
we're going to have to charge for it or do without it.  Maybe the new
Congress will give us vouchers for copying costs!

On Sat, 19 Nov 1994, Lynn McCree wrote:

> Cathy,
>    I forgot to give you my rationale for charging for photocopies and not
> copies from the computer--the supplies for the copy machine cost more to
> replace than computer paper--how's that for pragmatism!
>

> Lynn McCree, Librarian
> Martin Junior High
> Austin, Texas
> Lmcc@tenet.edu