I can't tell you all the things that have happened to me recently that
show me Michelle is really right about adults who do research in
non-ethical ways.  (It is against the library code of ethics for some of
the tales I would like to tell). But in my pretty well adults only
library we have had elderly parents in their 70's working for hours a day
this fall locating and photocopying materials for their children who are
teachers and who do not have time to come to the library to do their own
research.  I think the world is getting too busy.  Teachers have days
that will not end, kids at home waiting for them to come and feed them,
graduate classes they must take to keep up their certification, ........
How some of them survive I can not imagine.  But I really am surprised
each time an elderly parent comes in with an ERIC search in hand ready to
sit in front of a copy machine for hours.

Nancy JP Lively
Anne Arundel County Public Schools
Professional Library
2644 Riva Road