Our elementary library has used EBSCO for years. We are not always
satisfied but for the most part they are reliable. We call them when
the occasion arises that we have a missed issue or delays for some
reason and they are always very responsive with either the material
or a logical reason for the problem. I think all subscription services
have thor. My former boss and I used to joke that we should
quit and start a business since we were sure we could do better. Since
then, though, I believe their service has improved.

On Sun, 20 Nov 1994, Shirley Rogers wrote:

> Fellow Netters:
> I am interested in perhaps using Ebsco as the vendor for my  magazine
> subscriptions.  If any of you have subscribed to Ebsco for your periodicals,
> I would be intested in knowing about their service.  Are they reliable? How
> do they handle missed copies?  How is their year round support system?  (I'm
> thinking about switching from Island Subscription Service.  Please respond
> by Monday, Nov. 21st, if at all possible.
> Thank you,
> Shirley
> srogers@llwnet.ll.pbs.org

LM_NET Archive Home