One of my favorite books, and the best book on the topic I've ever seen, was
written by Nancy Shields.  "Where Credit is Due" is published by Scarecrow
press.  It is a cookbook approach with all of the variations on endnotes,
footnotes, and bibliographic format.  The only format not touched is the
electronic one, but the publishers are planning to update the book to
include those citations.  Meantime, I highly recommend the present copy.  At
research paper time, and other times in the year, too, I chase about five or
six copies around the library.  I've had to replace several copies (theft,
alas) and I usually give my interns the book as a thankyou present when they
finish their semester work.

--
Sr.Mary Veronica,CHS       "All that is required for
Xavier High School,NYC      the triumph of evil is for

LM_NET Archive Home