You can't have a media center with just a librarian.
One way to generate funds which, of course, should just be a supplement to a
budget, is to have book fairs.  Scholastic provides them, as does Troll. and
several others.  It seems like someone calls me every day about having one.
Anyway, I could send you 800 numbers.  You can take your profits in books or
money or with some fairs a combination of both.  The books are mostly
paperback, but they are including more hardbacks all the time.  I have my fairs
during parent-teacher conferences--the November one goes especially well
because of Christmas coming up.  Teachers buy a lot for grandchildren.
Susan Forsling, LMS
Northeast Hamilton CSD
P. O. Box 200
Blairsburg, IA  50034-0200