Jayne,
Since this is the 75th anniv. of children's book week our district really
wanted to bring attention to it.  NorthEast ISD librarians in cooperation
with Region 20 are putting a packet of READ ACROSS AMERICA activities
together.
Every school is encouraged to do their own thing but the common thread is
that on Tues the 15th we are caculating min read and are going to tally
the results.  We also had our Mayor sign a proc. to drawn attention to
the day.  We are all having guest readers, Reading Camp in's ETC.
If you would like to participate and have your min. tallied with San
Antonio just send a self addressed stamped envelop to the address below
and I will be happy to send you the info.  (I think about 3 stamps would
do it)  Hope you can join us!

Carol Muska
Camelot Elementary
7410 Ray Bon