> Sounds like a weird subject for a Librarian to list, but....
>
> I have a teacher who wants to get the books that were the basis for
> the television show _The Waltons_.  the only thing we have to begin
> any search is the name Hamner.  We think this was the name of the
> original author, but we are not sure.  I've checked all my sources
> available to me to no avail.
>
> I am hoping there is some television trivia nut who may know the
> answer we are looking for.

         I think The Waltons were based on books by Earl Hamner titled
"Spencer's Mountain" and "The Homecoming".  I could be wrong about the
"Earl"  but I remember reading both books many years ago.  Hope this helps,
or do you know already  :-) ?
       Alice>

--
Alice Tope                                [] I haven't lost my mind.
gnets035@llohio.ll.pbs.org                [] It's backed up

LM_NET Archive Home