---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 1994 19:21:20 EST
From: t_toy@mentor.unh.edu
To: mike@eryx.syr.edu
Subject: RE: telephones in schools

In Concord, NH the district technology initiative was to include phones
in the classrooms.  That proved to be too expensive so we have settled
for shared modems on the network (all buildings areto be connected via
cable wide band, with drops in all classrooms.)  The district is looking
into a pool of phone lines available to all schools, but these will be
ristricted to human at handset communication.  I doubt we will see more
Merlin handsets appear, unless there is no restrictions on inhouse
extentions -- already at full capacity.  If someone knows of a cheaper
way to get phones in classroom please pass it on.  The administration is willing
 , the pocketbook is weak.
Theresa Toy, Rundlett Jr High, Concord, NH  03301  t_toy@mentor.unh.edu

LM_NET Archive Home