I hope this is of some use to you. This "model" school is in Ontario,
Canada and is called River Oaks Public School. The principal, Gerry Smith
has written a paper entitles "Restructuring Education at River Oaks
Public School: A Vision for the Future" which may be of use to you in
your presentation to the board...the school, K-8 is totally networked,
with over 240 computers, scanners, CD-ROM players, video disk players,
electronic keyboards, computerized sewing machines (also used by boys),
telecommunications equipment, robotics equipment etc. The school is
mentioned by D.Tapscott "Paradigm Shift". I'm afraid I do not have their
e-mail address but the telephone number is 416-842-7430. Good Luck!

LM_NET Archive Home