Dear Netters,

A big thanks to all of you who contributed to this resource list.  Your
contributions were valuable.  I have summarized and listed the
information under headings.

Published Programs:

Saxon Math (sorry, no addresses)
Math Their Way
Visual Math Program
Manipulatives from Creative Publications

Software:

Anno's Learning Games - $29.95 from CD-ROM Warehouse (great Venn Diagrams
Math Blaster Plus
Speedway Math
Math Factor

Open for Discussion:

Evelyn Crichton  - ecrichto@cks.ssd.k12.wa.us (I double checked the address)

Research:

Try the New York Public Library's Reference and Chronology books for
facts/history/chronology, type info

SalsaNet: Bulletin Board Service for Teachers of Mathematics, Science and
Technology in New Mexico
CNEDUC-L@tamvm1.tamu.edu

Look at Boulder Valley School District gopher.
all gophers in world/north america/usa/colorado/boulder valley
(lesson plans here)

Contact:

Lane County School District, Eugene, Oregon for problem solving kit

Methods:

A minimum of 40 minutes per day of math instruction.
Daily class quizes.
Teaching  mathematical concepts through literature (list promised)
Use a geoboard for doing area measurements and large number lines.
Involve parents, call parents, mentoring and field trips.
Math competition

Resources:

Discussion list for NCTM standards, listproc@sci-ed.fit.edu (to
subscribe, in the body of message type   sub nctm-1  first name  last name.

KIDLINK PROJECT - MATH PENPALS, get information from LISTSERV@VM1.NODAK.EDU

TEXT - MATHEMATICS TEACHER RESOURCE HANDOBOK, FAX: 914-762-1195

October edition of "Education Today"

This list does not represent any of my beliefs; this is information given
to me via the internet.  Thanks again to those of you who contributed.

Louise Edwards
Elementary Librarian
Mount Vernon, WA
ledwards@eagle.esd189.wednet.edu