My hats off to Barabara Jansen - her Big Six lesson ideas for
Kindergarten are ...wow!!!

Bob and I agree that she gets the first ever Eisenberg/Berkowitz Biggie
award.  Many more to follow - for many other people.

I did have one comment about the Big Six and Kindergarten.  Lately, I've
been telling about an experience that I had with teaching the Big Six to
very young children.  I have to admit that I didn't go into detail on the
Big Six.  Instead, I focused on the .....

ta da!

SUPER THREE -

Beginning
Middle
End

That's right -

Beginning - think about what you have to do and what it will look like
when you are done

Middle - do it

End - check to make sure you did what you were supposed to do and are you
happy with it?

Beginning = task definition, information seeking strategies
Middle = location and access, use of information, synthesis
End = evaluation

That's it.

So, we have the...

SUPER THREE