Actually, more like MISS.  It seems there are no specific

recommended $ amounts, although some states do have a required

amount.  Georgia requires $15 per pupil, and Kentucky $16.28

(or vice versa).  A number of people suggested checking the

back of Information Power.  It doesn't make specific dollar

recommendations, but does issue some guidelines.  Wouldn't it

be nice if all of us were funded within those guidelines or

above?  Ahhhhhhhh.....dream on!

I'm working on a proposal to present to the PTA to request that

the library be an ongoing target for funding.  They currently

give me nothing, but I'm hoping for some big bucks this year.

I've done statistics on the age of the collection by each area,

complete with graphs.  Average copyright date is about 70 -

72.  How does this compare?  Anyone have any other ideas to

show how much we need books?  I'm also going to be asking for

about $ 3,000 for Precision One, a 3rd computer and networking

for the circulation system and an online catalog.  Know any

convincing arguments?

Thanks!

Kathy Lafferty

klaffert@pen.k12.va.us