I am planning to sign off the list, and want to post this
information for your files on how to get into our computers.
Please feel free to cross post this information as widely as
you want. Librarians may want to refer us to their space science
buff students so that they can log on from home. The information
will appeal mostly to highschool level and beyond. *Our Bulletin
will be of interest to 4th graders up, and is a good
place to send students looking for recent information on Lunar and
planetary sciences. Via mosaic you can even access the pictures that
accompany the articles.

I just have one last request from the list (this fits under & misc.).
I give a workshop on picture books and storytime to local early childhood
caregivers. If anyone has a favorite storytime picture book/s for K please
forward the title/s and comments to me at albyn@lpi.jsc.nasa.gov.

Thanks so much!

Best wishes for a safe and productive school year.

Sincerely,

Carole Albyn

The Lunar & Planetary Institute at the Center for Advanced Space Studies
has many resources available.

Our main system may be reached at cass.jsc.nasa.gov or
http://cass.jsc.nasa.gov/CASS_home.html.  Login as cass (lowercase)
the password is online (again lowercase).  The system supports Web
readers, VT- emmulation and X Windows.

Modem users may call 713-244-2089 or 244-2090 to connect.

Resources available include:

Programs and abstracts (full text) (LPI, Advanced Design Program and Division
   of Space Life Sciences)
*Lunar & Planetary Information Bulletin (full text)*
Card Catalog (includes maps, documents, AV, etc.)
And much more, log on to find out.

We also maintain an anonymous FTP account, which also has Gopher access.
The address is: cass.jsc.nasa.gov (port 70 for gopher)
The resources there are:

Student Exploration Demonstration Initiative (Announcement of Oppturnity
   and supporting documents)
Clementine (images and data)
Introductory text to the Gazetteer of Planetary Nomenclature
Introductory text to the Venus Impact Crater Inventory
Listing of our publications for sale (we have slide sets too)
Programs and Abstracts (LPI, Advanced Design Program and Division of Space Life
   Sciences)

The system is growing, more information may be available in the futute.

LM_NET Archive Home