To: LM_NET
Subject: Assistance required in planning distribution of school technology
--------

I am involved in planning technology for an elementary school, and am
pondering the various configurations and locations of computers: school
library, media lab, clusters. If you can impart some wisdom, relate some
successes (or failures) or somehow help me to avoid re-inventing the wheel,
I would be most appreciative.

In particular, I am very interested in elementary or middle school
examples of the use of full labs, libraries, and smaller computer
clusters (10-15 machines) available near classrooms that are shared by
3-4 teachers.

If you have some insights but don't have time to write out the details,
(and don't mind a phone call) please e-mail me your phone number.

information.

This message is cross-posted to eight education-related listservs.
My apologies if you receive duplicates.

Thanks,
Joanne Silverstein

jlsilver@mailbox.syr.edu

p.s. from Mike Eisenberg - I would appreciate your helping Joanne out on
this one.  The question of alternative configurations for allocation of
workstations is quickly increasing in importance to schools and
districts. Joanne is most interested in successful allocations.  Thanks
in advance.

LM_NET Archive Home