As schools become more and more strapped for funds, I am wondering about
the possibility to take the skills and expertise of the school's support
systems, and selling these to other school districts and cummunity
organizations.   For instance, why couldn't a school district food
sservice contract with the local senior citizen group to provide
breakfast and lunch?   How about the library program becoming a research
library for the local government institutions.  Maybe even the staff
development center can run a local education program after school to the
general community?
Any research on this, or opinions?

Gail Dickinson
Union-Endicott Central School District