I have some leads to my question re Spielberg's offer to make Schindler's
List available to high school students in a theatre setting at no cost.
Here in Michigan, high school principals received a letter from the
governor's office inviting schools to register their interest in the
above offer by September 19th. The free screening project will run
through September and October and conclude prior to Thankgsgiving.
Teaching guides will be sent out to partcipating schools. Our high school
(Lakeview High School in Battle Creek) is taking all juniors and seniors
to view the film through their social studies classes.
Michigan LM NETTERS should check with your principal concerning this
offer. Governor Engler's contact for the project is Tom Davis at 517
373-3400. LM NETTERS in other states: I suggest contacting a branch of
the AMerican Jewish Committee to track down the details of the
Schindler's List project (as I did by checking with the Am. Jewish
Committee Detroit branch). I hope that other schools will be able to
participate in the project. If I can be of any help, please reach me at
(616) 965-3042 or via email.

LM_NET Archive Home