My two never-fail-to-please are "The Very Hungry Caterpillar"
(complete with a caterpillar puppet made from a knee sock) and
"Ton's Hard Work Day" written by the actor Alan Arkin for his
sons. I can't begin to describe the power and pleasure 4 and 5
year olds feel upon hearing how Tony built a house in the woods
all by himself. There is total acceptance that he could cut
down a thousand trees with an ax he devised himself. We all
sigh with regret when we come to the end of the story.
--
                        Allison Williams
                        awilliam@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home