This is a real tough one! I am involving myself (crazy, you'll all say)
in helping a non professional/mother type get a private elem. school
library up to speed. I had the basics in grad school but have never had
the opportunity to do this till now. Has anyone else walked into a
situation like this? She has $2000 to work with and next to no reference
collection. (That's where I'd start). No magazines or indexes - is
interested in cd-roms? Another mother/volunteer thinks that the fiction/
nonfiction should be beefed up. I look to you all for some  guidance.
Do you use any one or two sources for collection development? Is there
a standard "best" list to start with? Thanks in advance for any and all
help. This list is wonderful!!
        Nancy Palma, Associate Librarian
        Venango Campus, Clarion Univ. of PA
        palma@vaxa.clarion.edu

p.s. I'll post a hit if there's any interest.

LM_NET Archive Home