I enjoy the multimedia aspects and the indexing capabilities but when I
want to read for pleasure, I prefer a good ol' book anyday.
I have a multimedia encyclopedia on cd that makes a wonderful index to
the two hardback sets I have.  Students browse on the cd and then go
to hardback copies more eagerily than before having access to the cdrom
computer.    Until you can have multiple access at same time to
reference material, it will be hard to have only an electronic reference
section.  I have a pretty good collection of cds but only one computer!

Sandy Scroggs                   Kate Schenck Elementary School
Librarian                       101 Kate Schenck Avenue
sandyscr@tenet.edu              San Antonio, Texas 78223
                                1-210-333-0611

LM_NET Archive Home