I agree. I am sure that there are listserves for teachers on the internet.
They can use those lists to set up penpals (a great motivation for writing
and reading!).  I don't want a student posting a question, but I have no
problem with a librarian asking questions for a group of students who are
working on a project.
    I know I have already said this, but I am against splitting the net.
Someone had posted statistics that showed graduate students and professors
to be in favor of keeping the net whole.  Yes, we have a unique perspective.
We need to see everything in order to obtain a great education.  However, I
can see myself as a librarian in an elementary school (for example).  I know
that I would be very interested in issues in other schools like censorship,
book repair, technology, and ideas for teaching library skills.  There is too
much specialization as it is in this world.  I think we would be better
professionally if we had a broader perspective of librarianship.

SUSAN RUDISILL
graduate student
USC
GMTJCP@UNIVSCVM.CSD.SCAROLINA.EDU