In a previous article, marwill@EIS.CALSTATE.EDU (Mark Williams) says:

>I think three times before buying a title from Gale for this exact reason
>(yes, I can do my own cataloging and often have to; but like so many of
>us, I just don't have the time ).
>
>Regards,
>Mark

Mark - I didn't see the original pet peeves post (when did it appear?), I
have a winner of a catalog booboo.  For those of us in elementary school
libraries, we are very familiar with a bright rhyming picture book titled
_Drummer Hoff_, "Sargent Chower brought the powder, Corporal Bammer brought
the rammer, but...Drummer Hoff fired it off." (a cannon).  Five seconds
scanning of the pictures gets you this info.  CIP put the book in
nonfiction, not in poetry, but in ...music.  You figure it out!

Johanna Halbeisen
Rebecca M. Johnson School
(K-8) Springfield, MA
jhalbei@k12.ucs.umass.edu

We are confronted by insurmountable opportunities - Pogo

--

LM_NET Archive Home