I am a member of the Innovative Instructional Team at Highland High
School (2400 students/grades 9-12).  We currently have one block
class--the American Experience (art, history and literature)--that meets
for 3 periods/day with 75 students.  The class has proven to be a success!!
The IITeam has asked me to gather information on the feasibility of going
school wide with block/flex scheduling and interdisciplinary units.  What
are the pros/cons etc.?  Please respond with your comments and/or
the addresses and phone numbers of people I can contact.

Dick Trzicky <highlrc@pinyon.libre.com>
Library Director
Highland High School LRC
140 S. Gilbert Rd.