We are planning a school technology fair and would like some ideas from
you about what activities you think we should include. Our small high
school (150 students 9-12) is in a rural setting which is suffering from
a severe techno-drought. We thought that if we invited the community into
the school to see all of the neat projects that our kids have been doing
and all of the neat stuff that they could be doing if we had some more
equipment that it might spark support for making technology a higher
priority in the budgeting process.

We think that it is important to keep folks active at the event and put
them behind the wheel if at all possible. Some of our ideas include:
using digital camera and PhotoShop, showing how to do home accounts with
Quicken, using a full-text magazine database, and logging on to our
school BBS. What neat activities would you suggest. Were looking to make
this fun. Reply to me via e-mail and I will post a hit if interest warrants.

Dan Lawson (dlawson@csos.orst.edu)
Monroe High
Monroe, Or

LM_NET Archive Home