On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Toni Buzzeo wrote:

> I agree strongly with Laurie Carter regarding our de-accessioned books.  If
> books are outdated, incorrect, ragged or worn, they should be DISCARDED, not
> given to those "less fortunate."  If we are compelled to supply books to help
> the needy, we owe them the respect of offering that which we, ourselves,
> would be glad to receive.

Yes, I've always heard that if you want a gift to be truly enjoyed, buy one
that YOU want to keep!!!  If YOU wouldn't want it, the receiver probably
wouldn't either.  However, when we order *sets* of books, we often wind
up with several duplicates.  In that case, the duplicate copies might be
donated.  I can think of several titles off hand that I could send that
fall into that category.

Betty
bhamilt@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home