        A new "Time Schedule/Work Day" schedule is being proposed which
says the regular work day for teachers and assistants will be from 8:00
a.m. to 3:30 p.m., while certified instructional support personnel such
as counselors, social workers, and media coordinators must work from 8:00
to 4:00.  In North Carolina, media coordinators are on the same salary
schedule as classroom teachers, so it doesn't seem fair that we are
required to work longer hours to earn our pay (even if we do wind up
staying past 3:30 many days, it's nice to have the option of leaving at
3:30)!  We're getting ready to go to the school board to state our case,
and it would be nice to have some information about hours media people in
other systems  (especially in North Carolina, but we'll take input from
any area) as compared to the classroom teachers.  Please send responses
directly to me at the address listed below.  TIA!

Selfjk@conrad.appstate.edu
Judy Self, Media Coordinator
Gamewell Elementary School
Lenoir, NC  28645