I always purchase new books with a data disk that has MARC records for me
to load into my circulation system.  I have recently received hundreds of
wonderful books from a library in our system which was closed.  None of
these titles have Marc records.  I know I can get Marc records thru
Library of Congress or a commercial service at a later date.  My question
is:  What key
info do I need to pass on to them, ISBN, LC #, author,title, call num,
etc. in order to get a marc record.  I am going to get a parent volunteer to
make a copy of the essential info and don't want to waste her time by
copying redundant info.  TIA.

Marge Woodley   Mattawoman Middle School   Waldorf, MD

LM_NET Archive Home