we just had a meeting in our district about using names- and pictures on
our homepage and were forced to think about  the fact that we are putting
out information for all folks about our students names, city, likes,
dislikes, whether they are home alone sometimes- let alone picture.  In
fact, we cannot publish a picture unless they are not identified- or
first name only.  Think about it.  We were forced to.  It does bring up a
number of questions for classroom discussion ....

Mary Jo Heller
Einstein Middle School
Shoreline, Washington

On Tue, 28 Nov 1995, Catherine A Gallion wrote:

>         Eileen,
>
>         No, I would not do this, nor would I let my son's picture and
> name appear on the Internet.  At the very least you should ask parental
> permission to do it.
>
>         How about letting the kids choose a name, or alias for
> themselves, kind of like a pseudonym, or a nom de plume?
>
>         Kate
>         cag@u.arizona.edu

LM_NET Archive Home