A teacher in my school is looking for a video of The Return of the Native
that he taped last year and showed about this time of the school year.  He
can't find his video tape and wants to purchase it.  The video was shown on
TV either summer or fall of '94, but he  doesn't remember what network,
channel, etc.  It was a new version, and had mostly British actors.  Joan
Plowright played Mrs. Yeobright, and a new Russian actress played Eustacia.

We checked back issues of Cable in the Classroom, Library Video catalog,
and called A&E and Follett.  Follett had a version which sounded possible,
but Joan Plowright wasn't mentioned.  Did anyone see this last year?  We
would like to know who aired it, or where we can purchase it.
My aide said it was like looking for a needle in a haystack, but I told her
that LM_NET is good at finding needles.  I hope!
TIA,
Carol Wheat, librarian
Parkway Christian Academy
Birmingham, AL                dems258@uabdpo.dpo.uab.edu