Hello LM_NET,

  I know that many of you are teaching Internet and Netscape. I would like
to recommend the training manual developed by my fellow CTP TeleMentor,
Craig Domeyer. I have watched as he refined and revised the manual with
students using it at many of our sessions, and find it to be extremely
effective. (I also use it in my training and workshop sessions.)

  His address is at the very end of the announcement.

Peter Milbury   pmilbury@cusd.chico.k12.ca.us
The Netscape Road Map
Training Workshop Manual for Netscape 2.0
(Macintosh or Windows 95)

 I have developed a succinct training manual that quickly teaches the basic
components of Netscape 2.0.  Written for both students and teachers to use,
The Netscape Road Map manual is designed to simply lead a new user through
all the major components of the Netscape 2.0 browser using either Macintosh
or Windows95.  Also available with the manual is a disk with 150 URL's
favorite sites on the internet and a series of overheads to be used while
teaching from the manual. The manual is divided into 9 chapters called tours:

    Tour 1.  Getting a copy of netscape
          A.  To Get your First copy
          B.  To get the most recent copy
          C.  Basic Features
          D.  Online handbook
          E.   Placing netscape on the Desktop
    Tour 2.  Exploring the internet
          A.  Whats new
          B.  Whats cool
          C.  About the internet
          D.  Bookmarks
     Tour 3.  The internet directory
          A.  Museums
          B.  Education
          C.  Humanities
          D.  Science
    Tour 4.  Internet searching
          A.  Open by url
          B.  By name
          C.  By subject
    Tour 5.  Making your road map
          A.  31 Favorite sites
          B.  Description of an internet address
          C.  Sample of a road map
    Tour 6.  Excursions
         A.  Excursion 1 Solar System Live
         B.  Excursion 2 The Post Card Store
         C.  Excursions 3 - 20
    Tour 7.  Search engines
         A.  INFO SEEK
          B.  Sample searches
          C.  Metacrawler
    Tour 8.  Creating a home page
          A.  Beginners guide to htlm
          B.  Internet server kitchen
          C.  Registry of k12 schools on the web
     Tour 9.  Electronic Communication
          A.  E-mail
          B.  Listserv
          C.  Newsgroups

If you are interested, feel free to contact me at cdomeye@aol.com to obtain
ordering information.  Thank you.

Craig Domeyer's Netscape 2.0 Training Manual

LM_NET Archive Home