Received this from Point Communications, thought some of you would be
interested in showing your students.
Blythe Bennett

 ---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 08:46:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Blythe Bennett <blythe@ericir.syr.edu>
To: babennet@mailbox.syr.edu
Subject: Galileo GALILEO! Galileo GALILEO! Figaro-o-o-o... (fwd)

Space freak alert!  After a rugged six-year voyage, the NASA spacecraft
<I>Galileo</I> is poised for a December 7 arrival at the planet Jupiter,
where it will drop a space probe deep into the planet's atmosphere.
Scientists are understandably excited about the event, which will be the
first time a human craft has pierced the atmosphere of one our solar
system's outer planets.

This will also mark the first time such an event can be followed in such
detail on the Web.  Beginning at midnight on December 6-7, Point Now will
begin continuously updated coverage of the event, offering links to NASA
sites and other home pages where you can follow the action.  We'll also
offer images and background of the event to help you avoid lengthy waits at
what are sure to be crowded NASA and Jet Propulsion Laboratory sites.

To follow Galileo on Point, visit the PointNow page at
http://www.pointcom.com/now/.

Chris Kitze
President
Point Communications