Greetings!  A teacher at my school is doing a multicultural celebrations unit
and would like to find out not only "Merry Christmas" in other languages (which
I of course deleted thinking I wouldn't need it, --please forward a copy if it
is handy), --but would also like to have typical phrases used for other
cultural or religious celebrations for this time of year (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa,
New Year, Solstice, etc.).  Please share the English as well as the language
from the ethnic group which celebrates the holiday.  --I don't know if that
makes sense.  I typed this once in much clearer explanation, but in trying to
correct a spelling error, my "editor" went nuts and I had to start over.  Now
I've lost my train of thought.

Anyway, thanks for the holiday greetings.  Would love to have some from outside
the U.S.  Everyone has been wonderful about sending them, and we love hearing
from you all!
Cathy Burns  c_burns@mentor.unh.edu
Oyster River Middle School
Durham, NH 03824
all over the U.S. plus Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the Philippines.
Would love to hear from other places outside the U.S. as well.  Thanks!

Oyster River Middle School
Durham, NH 03824

LM_NET Archive Home