Well everybody, it looks like the high school folks are on their own for book
fairs.  Troll and Scholastic DO NOT want anything to do with HS book fairs.
 School Book Fairs says they can have extra books put in their middle school
fairs but it's not adequate.  Advantage Book Fairs (out of Atlanta, GA) is
affiliated with School Book Fairs and can supplement what SBF sends but
doesn't really do one either.  Their number is (770) 424-8020 -- very nice
folks, by the way.

Most suggestions I got were to try to work with local bookstores.
 Suggestions were for B. Dalton Books, Walden (not much profit) Barnes and
Noble or Borders.  Those in my area (Northern VA) were not very helpful but I
did talk to Doubleday Bookstore and they were willing to see if we could work
something out.  Basically, I would have to pick out books (either in store or
pre-ordered), transport them, set them up and sell them at cover price.
 Then, depending on my sales, I would keep a percentage of sales -- books
discounted for quantity, and pay for the books that were sold.  I'm probably
going to try this to see if it'll work.

There was a huge response to my query -- about 25 messages from librarians
looking for the same kind of service.  This does not include the other
requests which are being posted in the past few days.  I wish that the book
fair companys would get a clue!!!! None were willing to listen to the fact
there is a demand for quality literature for older teens! It's a shame!!!

Happy holidays and good luck locating somebody to help you with HS fairs.
 Please let me know if anyone else has other possibilities.

Terri Lent
Internet: Tlent@aol.com
Manassas Park Intermediate/
Manassas Park High School