Sorry for the delay in sending this, but I got only requests for the info
and not "how to use" info!  Have now figured it out for myself and here
it is:  Telnet to newton.dep.anl.gov, at login type bbs--The first time
you have to register, but then you go to #3 Group then #3 Discussions.
From there #1 Show you a list of discussions and #3 is the answer
section.  #6 is the ? dropbox where you post your question whether in
math, bio, chem, physics, etc.  After you've posted your question you
have to go back in a day or two to see if someone answered it.  I got one
answer which was "What does the encyclopedia say about this?"  Just a tad
insulting to my students who had delved into not only encycs., but
science encycs, CD-Rom encycs. and every other resource we had before we
posted the question, another question has never been answered.  While
this resource certainly does not pose a "quick fix", it might be worth
trying if you have an unanswerable question and are not in a big rush for
a reply.  One person also did write from ERIC and pointed out that for
younger students there is a science search/ question spot there.  Best
wishes for the holidays, Francie Aley

fdaley@saturn.caps.maine.edu    Boothbay Harbor, ME.04538
Teaching lifelong learning through the power of information!

LM_NET Archive Home