I am in two K-5 schools.  I have gone back and forth on the subject of
buying Stine books or not.  I finally decided that with limited funds I
could better spend the money on quality books.  Most of the kids in my
schools go out and buy the Goosebumps books themselves and I suggested
they trade them with other kids. I do not buy his older books since I
think they are out of my schools students range.  The argument that some
kids can't afford the books is powerful, but I feel
that my libraries cannot afford to buy them either at the expense of
other materials.

Janet Rawdon
Newton MA
rawdon@meol.mass.edu