Yes, "it is about time someone did something about this problem....." but
let's be sure we are dealing with the problem, not just a symptom of
something else. Pornography is a symptom of society's screwed up attitudes
toward women and children. That's why we need tougher laws protecting the
victims of the production of pornography. But as long as there's a market,
it doesn't matter whether the vehicle for delivering this garbage is the
Internet, or video, or whatever.

Or to put it another way, let's not shoot the messenger. Especially when
the Internet could be a powerful force for changing society's attitudes
toward women and children.

"Someone" is not a handful of congressmen looking for a bandwagon (whether
they understand it or not), "someone" is all of us. As a parent, when it
comes to my children, that "someone" is me, not a bunch of politicians.

+   Peter Butts              +  "One man gathers what       +
+   East Middle School       +   another man spills..."     +
+   Holland, MI 49423        + pbutts@edcen.ehhs.cmich.edu  +