Am I the only one who knows that children have access to computers at
other people's homes, at school, and at the public library.  How then,
can parents always know what their children have access to.  If it is
illegal to sell to minors, why is it not illegal to serve it to minors?
So who in actually, is responsible?

The aim of the bill is to hold someone accountable.  I don't know who
should be responsible for information on the internet.  Speech is not
"free."  You are responsible for what you say.  If you threaten to harm
the President of the United States, you will be held accountable.  If
you accuse someone of a deed, you can be held libel for your action.  As I
understand it, it is illegal to yell fire in a crowded theatre.  If you
harass someone over the telephone, you can be held accountable.

I ask again, who will be responsible for material sent over the
internet?

Unfortunately, I know only too well of the reality of the effects of
pornography.  The repercussions are real.

Karen Williams
Krndnswm@wam.umd.edu

LM_NET Archive Home