When I wrote about Alliance Plus I was mistaken about the price.  I got
a reply from the Product Manager and would like to quote part of it.
Her comments agree with those many LM_Netters sent me.
" The annual Alliance Plus subscription is $450, not $600
     as you stated.  This will give you a new updated disc each
     quarter.  Depending on how often you use Alliance Plus, our
     single disc price of $350 may also be of interest to you.  This
     is a single disc option, so it is not updated, but if you receive
     the majority of your titles at one time, you may want to consider
     this option.

     As you get additional feedback from other sites, please ask them
     about ease of use.  With Alliance Plus, you can add records
     directly into your cataloging module, avoiding an extra import
     step.  Also, please consider the quality of the records.  The
     records that are cataloged by Follett contain summary notes,
     reading and interest level information, analytics and Sears
     subject headings when appropriate.  All of these extra fields
     help your patrons find an appropriate title more easily. "

I am very pleased with my service from all the Follett products.  After
the slow start of the Unison format, Follett is back to its high
level of service.  I've called a lot this year since I have a new
secretary and a lot of "how to" left with our old one.  The service
people are pleasant, never make me feel that I'm adking a dumb or obvious
question (adking=asking).
--
Anitra Gordon
Lincoln High School Library/7425 Willis Rd. Ypsilanti, MI 48197

LM_NET Archive Home