On 17th Dec Marcia D. Epstein wrote:

"I am one of the perhaps few that don't like the "Target / Hit" idea.  If
we just post our responses to the actual list, it becomes an on-going
conversation!  I like reading threads better than compiled responses."

I agree with Marcia.  If responses are posted to one person only it is not
a discussion but just a series if people stating their ideas on a topic.
Discussion results when there is opportunity for exchange.  As discussions
develop others can jump in with their ideas, elicited perhaps by the
direction the discussion has taken.  I think this is enriching.  People who
are not interested in a topic need not waste time reading responses.
Subject headings would indicate this.

What do others think?  PS  I've just read that quite a few others agree!

Chris XYZ

Chris Skrzeczynski, Teacher-librarian  <cxyz@gil.com.au>
Our Lady of the Rosary Primary School
1 Kenmore Road Kenmore, Qld 4069
Australia  Ph: (07)33782412    Fax: (07)38783160

Chris Skrzeczynski, Teacher-librarian  <cxyz@gil.com.au>
Our Lady of the Rosary Primary School
1 Kenmore Road Kenmore, Qld 4069
Australia  Ph: (07)33782412    Fax: (07)38783160

LM_NET Archive Home