Dear LM_NETTER,

How many times have we all been encouraged to stop and smell the roses?
How often have we promised ourselves that we will do just that - and more
of it in the coming year?

Doug Johnson's sharing of the "rock" parable and Peter Milbury's last
message about LM_NET members jogged a few of my olfactory sensors.

Thank you LM_NETTERS.  This electronic community is truly incredible.  I
know of no other group that approaches our level of sharing and
commitment.  The success of the members of our community - as individuals
and as groups of professionals - is amazing.  Thanks.

Before looking to the New Year with its new challenges and opportunties,
take a minute to reflect on the one that's past.  Think of all we've
learned this year, especially from each other.  Think of all we've done
to help students learn and to improve schools and education.  Take pride
in your own work and the work of your colleagues around the globe.  Thanks.

As some of you may have heard me say in presentations, we work in a very
important field.  We are responsible for ensuring that students are
effective users of information. In an information-oriented world, I can
think of few jobs that are more vital to our society.  Thanks.

Thanks for a terrific 1995.  Watch out 1996!

Mike Eisenberg

LM_NET Archive Home