The ALA publishes an excellent annotated bibliography of fiction and
non-fiction titles related to American History in 7 or 8 time
categories.  So sorry, 'am  writing this from home and do not have the exact
title. But, I am sure if you check
their catalogue or call them they will be able to assist you. Good luck!

On Mon, 30 Jan 1995, Jacqueline Van Willigen wrote:

> Teachers have asked for a list of the best books on US History for high achool
> students to read.  Books like Bury my heart at Wounded Knee came to mind.  Ple
> s send other suggestions to me and I will make a list.  They are interested in
> nonfiction primarily.  Thanks, Jackie Jvanw01@ukcc.uky.edu

LM_NET Archive Home