On 12/13/94 National Public Radio had a guest on Talk of the Nation talking
about books for children. Needless to say, he was not a children's
librarian.  The Callers knew more books than he did.  One caller asked about
a book which I have wondered about.  It dates from the 1940's as do I. It
was about a mouse - he thinks the name was Timothy.  The mouse lived in a
circus and made his home in a cottage cheese box. Does anyone know what book
this might be? I thought at first it could be Walter the Lazy Mouse but it
isn't.  Even my sister who remembers EVERYTHING about childhood doesn't
remember this.  Do you? Callers were complaining about the price of books
but I remember that when an average book cost $3 my mother was earning about
$3,000/year. Her job now would pay at least 30,000 and books are not $30. I
haven't tried to post a query before so I don't know if this will work.
Louise Sherman

LM_NET Archive Home