I was looking into setting up a CD ROM lending library at my school.  I
contacted Microsoft to check on the legality of lending software.  I was
told that lending the CD disk itself is a violation of the software
licensing agreement.  The only legal way is to install the software on a
computer and check out the computer.  Even then there are certain
restrictions that need to be followed.  Microsoft will fax the
requirements to you if you ask for them.

If you have different information please let me know.

Ericka Stork
Franciscan Montessori Earth School
Portland, OR

                                             ericka@netcom.com