Oryx has a nice series out, I forget the title and don't have their
catalog at home right now, but itis about seven volumes, by region, that
lists bibliographies state-by=state.  The one problem---as I remember the
full set is around $250.  If you don't have the catalog, let me know and
I'll get more information for you.

Katie Bertrand
Charles F. Johnson Elementary School Library
Endicott, NY

On Mon, 6 Feb 1995, Marianne Beck wrote:

> Our fourth grade class will be beginning a study of the regions of the United
> States soon.  The teacher would like to tie in literature (fiction) for each
> region.  Any suggestions?  Also, does anyone who has done something similar
> have suggestions for activities that she might use in her planning?
> Does anyone know of a source of elementary social studies lesson plans
> on the Internet (other than the mini-plans on AskEric)?
> Thanks -- this listserv has been a wonderful source of information/ideas/
> assistance!
> Marianne Beck (beck@wartburg.edu)

LM_NET Archive Home