I am the librarian at an independent school in Colorado Springs. Our 4th
graders are doing independent research projects. As part of their info
search, they are to interview a person about their topic. Not all of them
can locate a local person to interview. If anyone out there would like to
act at an "expert" on any of the folloiwng topics, and would be willing
to be interviewed via e-mail, please let me know. The students will
then compose and send you a message. They (plus myself & the 4th grade
teachers) will appreciate any help we can get!

Topics:

tornadoes      construction      bats         WWII/German Jews
gangs          rainforest        whales/dolphins    great moments in
                                                        baseball
 middle ages    great apes       Greek mythology     earthquakes
big cats       Italy             ealges             birds of prey
history of NFL          early screen plays in Hollywood
criminal lawyers     pogs       animals of the polar regions
Jananese Americans during WWII                    WWI planes
Titantic       tigers           San Francisco earthquakes
pumas         Ludwig van Beethoven              vikings

I put out a similar request around this time last year, & we got
several responses. It was a great to get the students involved
w/the Internet, & they loved it. (In case we didn't get thank you's
to everyone who helped us last year, we did appreciate all responses!)

Thanks in advance to any interested "experts)!!

Rebecca Riese, Librarian
The Colorado Springs School
21 Broadmoor Ave.
Colo. Spgs., CO  80906