A number of people have asked for this information, so I am posting the
information to the entire list.

1.  We funded our Career Center with Perkins money.  I did not write the
grant and don't know what was required.  I do know that we are a very
small district without a vocational director and the money is
administered through a district where there is a vocational director.

2.  If you live in Texas (or perhaps surrounding states, I don't know),
we got all our software and many of our books (such as Peterson's guides)
through a career/vocational jobber.  She has set up her own company and
gets these materials from many sources, then consolidates things to make
it easier.  She does a good job.  Her name is:

        Bonnie Krauss
        The Educational ConneXtion
        12597m Montego Plaza
        Dallas, Texas 75230
        1-800-991-2460
        1-214-991-5252
        Fax: 214-991-5261

3.  COIN is the Career and Occupational Information Network.  It comes from:

        COIN Educational Products
        3361 Executive Parkway
        Suite 302
        Toledo, Ohio 453606
        1-800-274-8515
        Fax: 1-419-536-7056

    The same company markets CASHE, the financial aid locator.

4.  The ABCD (aptitude test) and IBCD (interest test) are from:

         CENTEC
        301 Oxford Valley Road
        Suite 1402-A
        Yardley, Pa.  19067
        215-493-7634
        Fax: 215-493-7578

5.  Career Finder:

        Wintergreen Software, Inc.
        P.O. Box 15899
        New Orleans, La. 70175
        800-321-WGSW

6  Vocational Implications of Personality (VIP,Jr.)

        Talent Assessment Inc.
        P.O. Box 5087
        Jacksonville, Fl 32247-5087

7.  Vocational Learning Styles

        Piney Mountain Press, Inc.
        Box 333
        Cleveland, Ga.

        800-255-3127

Let me know if you need more information.  I think there are other good
programs and publications out there.  We use COIN and ABCD/IBCD the most.

Diane Durbin
dianed@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home