Yesterday someone posted a message about Microsoft's
prohibition of the lending of CD's from school libraries.  I
called both MECC and Broderbund today to get their policies.
Broderbund's is the same as Microsoft.  The CD's may not be
checked out to parents.  MECC said that their CD's could be
checked out, but not their floppies.  When I asked both MECC
and Broderbund if they had written policies they could send me
so that I'd have documentation, the answer was no.  I assume
they're covered by the packaging on the CD that says "read this
before you break the seal".  We are experiencing STRONG
pressure from one family in particular to loan software, and we
don't feel it should be loaned out, since we don't have enough
to go around as it is.  Do any of you have policies regarding
parental or student check out of software, particularly CDs?

Thanks,
Kathy Lafferty
Alexandria, VA

LM_NET Archive Home