Our district is going through the sometimes agonizing process of planning
for technology and instituting a technology plan.  The problem we always
come back to, keeping in mind a dim financial picture, is who should lead
this project and how.
        Do we have a technology coordinator to oversee the whole thing, but
            possibly without the necessary skills to install, maintain, and
fix networks/computers?

        Or do we go for the technician who can keep everything going but
maybe would not have the leadership skills to oversee technology
curriculum, inservice, etc.?

        Should the technology coordinator have an education background or
is knowledge of people and machines sufficient for this position?

        Is there a supply of qualified people out there for a position like
this?

Any help would be appreciated.  I'm getting tired of meetings!!

Mary Childs
Media Director

                            Park Rapids Middle School
                               113 East 3rd Street