,

Dear Readers in LM-Net Land,

We are celebrating the 100th day of school here at Ingels School in
Kansas City, Missouri.  We are in the 2nd grade.  We brought 100 things
to school today.  Some of the things we brought are jellybeans, pennies,
M & M's, Red Hots,small packs of salt, pinto beans,macaroni, sunflower
seeds, a 100 piece puzzle, doritoes, football cards, crayons, nuts (as in
nuts and bolts) cheerios, lima beans, spiral noodles, beads, rocks,
cocodot cereal, popcorn kernels, peanut butter cereal, trix, black-eyed peas
drops of water with red food coloring in it, corn flakes, toothpicks,
plastic GI Joes, rice, peanuts, crackers, and toys.

we made soup with 100 things in it.  We made fruit loop necklaces with
100 pieces.  We had a sheet with 100 paper pennies on it.  We listened to
the story Alexander who used to be rich last Sunday and crossed out the
pennies as Alexander spent them.  We wrote about what we would do if we
had $100 to spend.

We are using the calculator to count to 100 by 1's,2's,4's,5's and 10's.

We are in 1st grade.  we looked in the newspaper for 100 words we knew.
We had 6 people in each team.  When when found words we knew, we cut them
out and pasted them on paper.  We are going to going to make a graph of
each team's words.

We would like to know if you celebrate the 100th day of school.  What
special things did you do?

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Reply to Ingels School
mohmie@coop.crn.org

LM_NET Archive Home