My ESOL Dept. has asked me to post a question.  We are getting an
increasing number of students from other countries who are 16 or older
and who have had very little schooling in their home countries.  They do
not wish to, or are unable to, spent the time necessary to get a high school
diploma, but will probably be staying in the US.    We have them for only a
year or two.  What solutions, or programs, have other school systems developed?

Danee Wilson  dwilson@umd5.umd.edu   (301) 571-6926    Fax (301)571-6916
Walter Johnson H.S.                   "Life is not the way it's supposed to
6400 Rock Spring Dr.                   be.  It's the way it is.  The way you
Bethesda, Md 20814                     cope makes the difference."  V. Satir

LM_NET Archive Home