Thanks to all the responses to my query re: robots as main or significant
characters in a fiction book. I have listed the suggestions:

Asimov's I Robot, More Robots, Robots of Dawn, Robots and Empire, Caves of
Steel, Naked Sun, Robot City, and Robot Dreams (top choices)

Christopher, John.  White Mountains, City of Gold and Lead, Pool of Fire,
When the Tripods Came

McKinney, Jack.  Robotech books

Anthony, Piers.  Splint Infinity, Blue Adept, Junxtaposition

McEvoy, Seth.  Batteries Not Included, All Geared UP, A Bug in the System,
Reckless Robot

Metamorphosis (a Star Trek TNG novel)

McCaffrey, A.  The Ship that Sings.

LeRoe, Ellen.  Robot Raiders.

ALSO, an interesting resource:  Robotics in Education by Veronica Pantelidis
(Scarecrow, 1991) containes 68 fiction titles on pp. 119-131

Lastly, a suggestion that B&T's CD-ROM can be searched by keyword.

Thanks to all who responded!  I received over 40 mailings in 1 week and
continue to receive ideas.

Kathy Hedden (khedden@aol.com)

LM_NET Archive Home